Fwd: Re: [OpenAFS] AFS volume info

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
07 Jan 2003 11:10:24 -0500

Simone Sestini <simone.sestini@plugit.net> writes:

> >I created only a cell on /vicepa with this command
> >
> >./vos create 192.168.113.50 /vicepa root.afs -cell afs-1 -noauth
> >
> >.. so if i want to use /vicepb and /vicepc i need to do more ?

No, you created one _VOLUME_ on /vicepa.  You can create other VOLUMES
on other partitions, and then mount them.  Generally you create a
hierarchy like:

                root.afs

                root.cell
                /  |   \
           system user project

Note that 'root.afs' is not, generally, the appropriate place to
put your data.  I suggest you read the Wiki to learn more about
cell volume configuration and "standard" volume hierarchies.

-derek