[OpenAFS] "afs" and "admin" entries disappear from kaserver

Brian Sebby sebby@anl.gov
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 12:21:46 -0600

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 09:42:19AM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> First guess is that when you added a server you restarted them in the
> wrong order and, as a result, it synced the wrong version of the kadb.
> When you added the third server, did you add it to the first two's
> CellServDB, restart those two, wait for them to sync, and THEN bring
> up the third server?  If not, then it's possible that the third server
> was voted sync-site without a current database.

I don't have access to the cell until this evening, so I can't try the
suggestions made (using udebug, etc) until then, but I think it's very
likely that the third (newest) machine may have been restarted first - we
rebooted all three servers just to make sure everything was loaded properly,
and I think that one may have come up first.

If that's the case, and assuming that the three are in sync, even if they're
syncing an empty database, can I just recreate the "afs" and "admin" accounts
with UIDs of 0 and 1 respectively, setting the "afs" password to be the same
as the KeyFile, and setting the ADMIN flag on "admin"?  Or is that a no-no
due to them being there before?  Guess I can always try it and see... :)

Brian

--
Brian Sebby  (sebby@anl.gov)  |  Distributed Computing Administration
Phone: +1 630.252.9935        |  Electronics and Computing Technologies