[OpenAFS] Does AFS need a partition?

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:11:16 -0600 (CST)

I assume you mean on the server.  It doesn't have to have a partition, but
it will only use directories of the format /vicepX, where X is some
letter.  If you create the directory and don't mount anything, it will use
your root partition.  A "vos partinfo" will report the space available on
your root partition.

[ t charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]