[OpenAFS] afs-clien on afs-server hangs ... (again !)

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:43:38 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Paul Blackburn wrote:

> Greuss Gott Hans,
>
> Are you using the backup system that is supplied with AFS
> or something else?
>
> If the answer is "something else", are you seeing this problem
> on the machine that does the backup?
>
> If so, I guess that your backup is trying to access all the data
> in your AFS cell through the cache on this one machine.
>
> Would that be a correct guess?

No matter. There's a bug between 1.2.3 and 1.2.6 which causes this
specific problem when it wouldn't otherwise happen, so before taking other
steps it makes sense to update the client.