[OpenAFS] Unable to authenticate from remote PC

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:48:06 -0500

Let's see here...
ports needed to be passed through to the afs server are udp ports:
7000 - fileserver
7002 - ptserver
7003 - vlserver
7004 - kaserver 7005 - volserver
7006 - error interpretation service (not sure if really needed or not)
7007 - bos
7009 - remote cache mgr (not sure if needed, either)

This is assuming your afs cell uses kaserver for authentication.

However, it looks like you can at least get to the bos server, so maybe
the problem is on your end and not the university's end. Are you behind
a firewall or NAT where you are?