[OpenAFS] Bad Superblock, vfsck?

kaan@knuth.cs.bilgi.edu.tr kaan@knuth.cs.bilgi.edu.tr
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:21:29 +0200 (EET)

Hi all,

It is really bad for me. We had a crashed harddisk a few days ago. While
we were trying to back up it with dd and tar to a remote machine the
vicepb partion of afs crashed. I can not mount it!

[root@xfiles kaanadm]# mount /dev/hdc1
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc1,
       or too many mounted file systems

Well I would like to give the exact reason why it happened but sorry don't
know. So I think fsck may give me a luck to recover my partition. But as
in the openafs documentation I need an afs version of fsck. But how can I
find it. I tried to compile it but I couldn't. Any of you can simply send
it to me?

Here is my system,
Linux version 2.4.9-31 (bhcompile@daffy.perf.redhat.com) (gcc version 2.96
20000
731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-98)) #1 Tue Feb 26 07:11:02 EST 2002

OpenAfs version is 1.2.6

Any other explanation about file recovery is very wellcomed too!!!!

Kaan