[OpenAFS] Thank you, and one more question

Peter Schuller peter.schuller@infidyne.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:33:40 +0100

> If you're using Kerberos 5, then the "Obtain new tokens..." feature in the
> windows client will not work for you.  You have to use kinit and aklog.

I eventually found Wake and the associated kerberos5 package, which
seems to do the trick.

At first all I could find was the MIT implementaiton, which isn't
exportable outside the US :(

> The uppercase/lowercase thing is not a problem.  Do an "aklog -d" to see
> which cells and REALMS it's trying to talk to.  There may also be a
> problem if you're using a really old win32 aklog that only supports
> checking for the "afs@REALM" principal rather than "afs/cell@REALM".

Ah. It's trying DOMAIN.COM instead of HOST.DOMAIN.COM.

Thanks a lot.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller@infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org