[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on newer Linux kernels (2.4.19)

Peter Schuller peter.schuller@infidyne.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:01:07 +0100

Hello again,

are there known issues with OpenAFS on Linux 2.4.19+?

After getting it to work (thanks again for the help!) on one machine
(running 2.4.18), I have been attempting to duplicate and document
the procedure on my own machine, running 2.4.19.

I've recompiled the kernel and the kernel module a few times now, with
and without SMP support (which I initially thought might affect things).
I keep getting kernel panics/oops:es when loading/unloading the
resulting module AND/OR when I try to start afsd it spawns a few
processes which are immediately defunct, and then it hangs and becomes
impossible to kill.

Thanks,

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org