[OpenAFS] Extremely poor write performance.

Rubino Geiß kb44@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:26:06 +0100

> You cant conclude from a single bonnie? run.
> You need to thread it. You need to have more concurrent read
> and writes. You need to read and write different file sizes.

Not really true, because all of the 300 afs_background threads got active
during the benchmark.

> Why, because thats usualy how people access their data. I'll
> suggest you use tiobench, og iometer from intel.
>
> Of course a benchmark can never really substitute trying with
> real data on real servers, under a real load.
> JonB

Thats true. But even the real application does not get faster by more
deamons... only system load is exploding!