[OpenAFS] Kernel module/afsd causes kernel oops ("bug report" sort of)

Rickard Lind rpl@dd.chalmers.se
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 15:27:52 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, Peter Schuller wrote:

> Hello,
>
> well, I E-Mail a while ago regarding OpenAFS on newer kernels.
>
> Since I have now switched kernels about a gazillion times, including
> 2.4.18 kernels (which is what I'm running on the machine where I *did*
> get the client working properly), I figured I should post some more
> details as a "bug report" and/or "look, you're not alone" to other
> people having the same problem in the future. It can't hurt.

I also had this problem with kernel 2.4.19(-ac4). The openafs kernel
module never worked for more than a week on the server, reloading it
hanged the kernel on the third try. I also encountered strange problems
with inode creation failure. Kernel 2.4.20(-ac2) has worked fine for me
for some time now, not a single problem.

--
/Rickard Lind