[OpenAFS] Windows client questions

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists@icequake.net
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:52:45 +0000

hi, two questions:

1)  Will there be another release of the win9x client?

2)  Why can't my WinNT/2K client get tickets/tokens for my cell?  Does
Win2K OpenAFS 1.2.8a not support a MIT kdc?  It can get to public files ok,
so the AFS client itself is working, but when I try to get tokens, it hangs
for a good while, and eventually returns with an error.

The AFS server is OpenAFS 1.2.8 (.deb from Openafs.org) on one machine, and the KDC
is 1.2.6 (from Debian stable) on another machine.  krb524d is running on
that machine, and kinit/aklog work fine from unix machines with the following
krb5.conf:

MYREALM.NET = {
	kdc = kerberos.myrealm.net
	admin_server = kerberos.myrealm.net
	krb524_server = kerberos.myrealm.net
	supported_enctypes = des-cbc-crc:v4
}

Would forwarding the kaserver port on the AFS server to the krb524d on the
KDC work okay?

Thanks...

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253