[OpenAFS] Kerberos 5 and OpenAFS - Notes available

Matthew N. Andrews matt@slackers.net
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:12:18 -0800

Deniz Akkus Kanca wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I took some notes on what I did when I set up Kerberos 5 and OpenAFS.  Please
>note that this was done on a Redhat 8.0 installation and Redhat specifics
>(rpm, directory names etc) are assumed throughout.
>
>http://www.arayan.com/da/yazi/OpenAFS_Kerberos_5.html
>
>Please let me know of any corrections.

good work. I'm wondering about the krb5 principles you create:

deniz - this is your user account principle. no mysteries here.
deniz/admin - this is your priveleged principle for krb5 administration.
sure.
admin - this is your priveleged afs user to be placed in
system:administrators, and UserList. I use
            something along the lines of deniz/afsadmin for this, but
the name isn't that important.

admin/admin - what is this for?

afs - ok, this is the afs service principle, and it's key goes into the
keyfile on all afs servers in your
        cell.

afs/admin - again what is this for?
^^^^^^^