[OpenAFS] creating alternate admin accounts for OpenAFS & krb 5

Lee Damon nomad@ssli-mail.ee.washington.edu
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:45:09 -0800

I am trying to create alternate admin accounts in AFS.  I won't want to have
to give all the SAs here the password to the main one.  However, the alternate
accounts, even though they are in the correct AFS group (system:administrators)
don't have any access.   I am suspecting that the link between the krb 5
account (administered by another department) and the pts entry isn't being
properly established, but I'm darned if I can figure out what I missed.  It
must be something very simple, of course.

krb authentication to all accounts does work.  I can get AFS tokens as
nomad and as admin, but apparently not as nomad/afs.

Here's what I have:

Script started on Wed Jan 22 09:33:14 2003
: || stefen [1] ; kinit admin
Password for admin@EE.WASHINGTON.EDU:
: || stefen [2] ; aklog
: || stefen [3] ; pts exa admin
Name: admin, id: 1, owner: system:administrators, creator: anonymous,
  membership: 1, flags: S----, group quota: unlimited.
: || stefen [4] ; pts exa nomad
Name: nomad, id: 666, owner: system:administrators, creator: admin,
  membership: 1, flags: S----, group quota: 20.
: || stefen [5] ; pts exa nomad/afs
Name: nomad/afs, id: 667, owner: system:administrators, creator: admin,
  membership: 1, flags: S----, group quota: unlimited.
: || stefen [6] ; pts mem system:administrators
Members of system:administrators (id: -204) are:
  admin
  nomad/afs

#
#Admin's klist & tokens:  (this account works with full admin rights)
#

: || stefen [7] ; klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_666_R6VWUu
Default principal: admin@EE.WASHINGTON.EDU

01/22/03 09:33:18  01/22/03 19:33:18  krbtgt/EE.WASHINGTON.EDU@EE.WASHINGTON.ED
01/22/03 09:33:23  01/22/03 19:33:18  afs/ee.washington.edu@EE.WASHINGTON.EDU

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt666
klist: You have no tickets cached
: || stefen [8] ; tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

User's (AFS ID 1) tokens for afs@ee.washington.edu [Expires Jan 22 19:33]
   --End of list--

#
#nomad's klist & tokens:  (this account does not have admin rights, but
#group rights work correctly.)
#

: || stefen [9] ; kinit nomad
Password for nomad@EE.WASHINGTON.EDU:
: || stefen [10] ; aklog
: || stefen [11] ; klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_666_R6VWUu
Default principal: nomad@EE.WASHINGTON.EDU

01/22/03 09:33:56  01/22/03 19:33:56  krbtgt/EE.WASHINGTON.EDU@EE.WASHINGTON.ED
01/22/03 09:34:00  01/22/03 19:33:56  afs/ee.washington.edu@EE.WASHINGTON.EDU

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt666
klist: You have no tickets cached
: || stefen [12] ; tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

User's (AFS ID 666) tokens for afs@ee.washington.edu [Expires Jan 22 19:33]
   --End of list--

#
#nomad/afs's klist & tokens  (this account *should* have admin rights, but
#doesn't have any.  I note the lack of "User's (AFS ID 667)" in the token
output)
#

: || stefen [13] ; kinit nomad/afs
Password for nomad/afs@EE.WASHINGTON.EDU:
: || stefen [14] ; aklog
: || stefen [15] ; klist ; tokens
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_666_R6VWUu
Default principal: nomad/afs@EE.WASHINGTON.EDU

01/22/03 09:34:31  01/22/03 19:34:31  krbtgt/EE.WASHINGTON.EDU@EE.WASHINGTON.ED
01/22/03 09:34:54  01/22/03 19:34:31  afs/ee.washington.edu@EE.WASHINGTON.EDU

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt666
klist: You have no tickets cached

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

Tokens for afs@ee.washington.edu [Expires Jan 22 19:34]
   --End of list--
: || stefen [16] ; exit
Script done on Wed Jan 22 09:35:13 2003

nomad
 -----------                       - Lee "nomad" Damon -          \
work: nomad@ee.washington.edu                                      \
play: nomad@castle.org    or castle!nomad                           \
                                                                    /\
Sr. Systems Admin, UWEE SSLI Lab                                   /  \
                "Celebrate Diversity"                             /    \