[OpenAFS] Machine crashing after accidental unmount of /afs

Brian Sebby sebby@anl.gov
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:58:53 -0600

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 12:41:49PM -0500, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Brian Sebby wrote:
> > We have a Solaris 8 machine here that recently moved to using the AFS cache
> > manager after using the AFS->NFS translator for a long time.  However, we
> > neglected to remove some scripts that did a 'umount /afs' for the translator,
> > and our cache manager based /afs was unmounted.  Shortly after that, while
> > trying to track the problem down, the system crashed twice, once when I ran
> > "w" and once when I ran "ps".
>
> What version of afs?

The client is running the IBM/Transarc client 3.6, ver. 2.26 (not sure which
patch level that is), and the servers are running OpenAFS 1.2.6.

Brian

--
Brian Sebby  (sebby@anl.gov)  |  Distributed Computing Administration
Phone: +1 630.252.9935        |  Electronics and Computing Technologies