[OpenAFS] Windows client questions

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists@icequake.net
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 06:41:21 +0000

hi,

> I would say yes, at least that is the case on all other platforms. There
> isn't any space or handler for the settoken request running if you
> haven't started the client yet.

Okay, I verified that it works fine on NT with the latest AFSForWindows (1.2.8a).
I start the client service, then kinit and aklog and it works fine.  (What
is the best way to automate this for user logons?)

However, here is what happens on Win98 (1.2.2b OpenAFS release):
- Open Control Center
- Erase username and password, and click "Connect" with both fields empty
- Client afsd starts, AFS root is opened up in Explorer
- kinit, gets ticket no problem for some username
- aklog -- crashes with page fault.

Any ideas?  The aklog is the one with timestamp 5/99 that is under the nt-98
directory in the krb5 migration kit.

Thanks!

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253