[OpenAFS] afs backup

laddo laddo@xtra.co.nz
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:59:25 +1300

Hi All

We are using afs backup to backup our cell , Around 500G of data spread
on 10 servers. We backup it to harddisk and then spool it on our very
slow DLT tape. My question is even if i configure the tapeconfig file
with 200G after every 2G it asks for another tape which offcource is a
data file but creates another seperate file.I am using Redhat 7.3 with
2.4.18-5smp kernel. My operating system is capable of writing files more
then 10G. I have tested by writing output of /dev/random to a file. Can
anybody help me in deciding what is going on here.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance

-Bobby