[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-port-darwin] os x: destroying kerb tickets also destroys tokens

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:34:59 -0500

I think it is (was there more than one out there -- too long ago to
recall)?

Well, here's the thing:
when a user logs out, yes, tokens should be destroyed.

However, here at Cornell, we have the need for a user to have to change
kerberos realms (we run our own, and the rest of the university runs
theirs). So, for example, if a user wanted to then check the regular
Cornell email, they would have to destroy their MSC kerberos tickets
and get a CIT kerberos ticket. But, because home directories are stored
in afs, they still need to retain their token.

Maybe there is some way to differentiate these two cases... I do not
know.