[OpenAFS] file-server: salvaging

Klaas Hagemann kerberos@northsailor.de
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:18:02 +0100

Derrick J Brashear schrieb:
> On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Klaas Hagemann wrote:
>

>>Neulinger, Nathan schrieb:
>>
>>>You might try running the LWP fileserver instead of the pthread one. It
>>>may help you out.
>>
>>Ok, that seems to be a good hint. The system is running more stable
>>for the past few minutes. But I am still a bit cautious if this fix
>>really solves my problem and I can get the system back into production.
>

> It shouldn't solve any problem. It *should* get you a real core.

We had the LWP fileserver running over night and at midnight the hole
system crashed again. Not only the fileserver, the whole server crashed
with all its other functions (DNS, Email, etc..)
Befor the server crashed i have lots of entries in /var/log/messages
like this:

  kernel: __alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp=0x70/0)
  kernel: __alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp=0x70/0)
  kernel: __alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp=0x1f0/0)
  kernel: __alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp=0x70/0)
  kernel: __alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp=0x1f0/0)
  kernel: __alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp=0x70/0)
  kernel: __alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp=0x70/0)

Could this be caused by the LWP Fileserver and how could i avoid it?
Thanks
Klaas

Mit freundlichen Grüßen