[OpenAFS] klog akserver krb4

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:51:15 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Noel Burton-Krahn wrote:

> Thanks for your reply, Derrick.  Let me tell you my troubles:
>
> kinit user@FOREIGN.CELL works
> aklog foreign.cell does not

then you have some other problem. if user@FOREIGN.CELL tickets cannot be
used to get foreign.cell tokens, it's not really a krb4-using cell, or you
have a configuration issue at one of the ends;

> I suspect aklog fails because the kinit ticket for the foreign cell contains
> a forwarded IP.  But, I don't know for sure.  All I know is that under
> Windows "klog.exe user@foreign.call" works, but the same comamnd doesn't
> work under Linux.  Why?  Because the windows klog.exe uses krb4 which the
> Linux klog uses kaserver.  Hence my question, is there a krb4 klog for
> Linux?  If not, maybe I'l try compiling the Windows krb4.exe under Linux.

ok, you're still missing the point. a krb4 klog would literally be the
calls made by kinit and aklog wrapped into one binary. i could write one,
but i'm not going to, because you have some other problem, apparently.