[OpenAFS] klog akserver krb4

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:01:20 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Noel Burton-Krahn wrote:

> Thanks for your reply, Derrick.  Let me tell you my troubles:
>
> kinit user@FOREIGN.CELL works
> aklog foreign.cell does not

If you're using a v5-only aklog, then of course it won't work.  That's why
I suggested using afslog.  The arla version of aklog will work too, but
that's not the same as the v5 version many people here use.

Here's a transcript of me obtaining tokens in my local cell and a remote
cell using only functions from the kth krb4 distribution (available from
http://www.pdc.kth.se/kth-krb/):

$ cat /etc/krb.conf
XAUTH.NET
CS.ROSE-HULMAN.EDU galaxy.cs.rose-hulman.edu
XAUTH.NET ismene.xauth.net

$ cat /etc/krb.realms
CS.ROSE-HULMAN.EDU CS.ROSE-HULMAN.EDU
cs.rose-hulman.edu CS.ROSE-HULMAN.EDU
.CS.ROSE-HULMAN.EDU CS.ROSE-HULMAN.EDU
XAUTH.NET XAUTH.NET
xauth.net XAUTH.NET
.XAUTH.NET XAUTH.NET

$ tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

   --End of list--
$ /usr/local/athena/bin/kinit tclancy@XAUTH.NET
eBones International (ismene)
Kerberos Initialization for "tclancy@XAUTH.NET"
Password:
$ /usr/local/athena/bin/afslog xauth.net
$ tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

User's (AFS ID 101) tokens for afs@xauth.net [Expires Jan 28 20:53]
   --End of list--
$ /usr/local/athena/bin/kinit clancytc@CS.ROSE-HULMAN.EDU
eBones International (ismene)
Kerberos Initialization for "clancytc@CS.ROSE-HULMAN.EDU"
Password:
$ /usr/local/athena/bin/afslog cs.rose-hulman.edu
$ tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

User's (AFS ID 8291) tokens for afs@cs.rose-hulman.edu [Expires Jan 28
21:01]
   --End of list--

[ t charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]
[ crypto ]---[ coordinated science lab ]---[ university of illinois ]