[OpenAFS] Problems in the last 2 days

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:34:25 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Klaas Hagemann wrote:

Leaving the important point:

> > It's going to be the same problem, malloc'ing yourself to death. Set a
> > resource limit before starting the fileserver, and get a core from the LWP
> > fileserver

> >>Another error was that the volserver stopped working but the fileserver
> >>were still running. So "vos examine >volume<" delievered a failure but
> >>the volume still was reachable.

> > Did you get a core?
>
> No, from the last crash i just got a core for upclientetc. But i could
> not find something really interesting in it.

ok, this is the volserver that we'd want a core from, here, but you resume
talking about the fileservber below

> I compiled the fileserver without the -O2 and with -g option and the
> ulimit for core was set to unlimited.

Well, yes, but if as you say the machine crashed, no core. you have to
limit the process memory use to less than "all the memory on the machine"
so you get a core;-)