[OpenAFS] Errors: Fileserver freezes, Volumes contains orphans

Love lha@stacken.kth.se
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:03:35 +0100

"Srikanth Vishwanathan" <vsrikanth@in.ibm.com> writes:

>> for starters, the LWP fileserver (if you build openafs, find it in
>> src/viced/fileserver) will actually leave a core, unlike the pthreaded
>> fileserver, if it dies. if as i'm guessing you have one pthread dying now
>> this may help.
>
> The LWP fileserver might drop a core, but it usually doesn't show the
> stack trace of the LWP that caused the problem.

You can use the "backfrom" gdb patch we use for arla when debugging lwp
threads, together with the arlad/.gdbinit (esp lwp_ps), is makes thread
problem debugging sane.

See the arla homepage for link to the patch.

Love