[OpenAFS] interesting situation

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists@icequake.net
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 07:12:25 -0500

Hi,

Maybe someone with more AFS experience can figure out what just happened to
me.

I was copying a bunch of files to a fileserver volume which was nearly
full.  I miscalculated the sizes and the volume filled up.  As it was
in the process of being filled up, I mv'd a file from that volume to my
home directory elsewhere.  Since the volume filled up, all the pending
connections to the fileserver timed out (as usual -- is this normal
behavior?), and when the volume came back online, the file I had mv'd
out was gone, but in my home directory was only a zero-byte file with
the same name.

Any ideas?

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253