[OpenAFS] Mail delivery into OpenAFS

Ian Delahorne ian@assv.net
06 Jul 2003 23:47:57 +0200

Nathan Ward <nward@esphion.com> writes:

> On 06 Jul 2003 23:37:18 +0200, Ian Delahorne <ian@assv.net> wrote:
>
> > Nathan Ward <nward@esphion.com> writes:
> >
> >> Is anyone else doing something similar?  Any gotchas?
> >
> > Yes, if AFS goes down, you lose mail. Make people use IMAP with
> > GSSAPI.
>
> People will be talking to thier Maildir directly with pine/mutt/etc
> unless they are Windows users, in which case they use Outlook.
> Ie. the people that use IMAP/POP3 aren't using clients with GSSAPI
> support, unless this is something outlook has and I just havn't
> noticed.

Outlook doesn't have, regretably. The "Mail" application i OSX,
however, does (joy!).  I still think it's a bad idea, an opinion which
many around me seem to share. File serving is one thing, but if mail
gets lost, it's a major problem. I haven't tried this "live", due to
the fear of losing mail if AFS goes down and the mailserver can't
handle it.
--
/Ian D
ian@assv.net - www.assv.net