[OpenAFS] Mail delivery into OpenAFS

Nathan Ward nward@esphion.com
Mon, 07 Jul 2003 13:52:12 +1200

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 18:32:20 -0700, Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:

> Nathan Ward <nward@esphion.com> writes:
>>
>> This is more than enough speed for my meer ~40 messages per minute.
>
> Is this under a typical read load, or with a completely quiescent cell?

This is my current mail system. It's very small.

> Authentication tends to be a pain.  Handling of soft errors and hard
> errors leaves something to be desired.  Locking is crap, and maildir
> isn't
> going to work because maildir requires cross-directory hard links which
> are flatly unsupported in AFS.

Authentication is fine.. User authenticates to IMAP or POP3 server which
gets tickets and tokens with PAM, discarding them on logout.

Maildir works for me because I patched qmail-local.c to rename if it can't
link. Perhaps I should check if the new filename exists, and if it does
temporarily defer delivery.

--
Nathan Ward
Esphion Ltd.