[OpenAFS] OpenAFS hangs during cp -r

Maarten De Boer mdeboer@iua.upf.es
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 19:03:46 +0000 (UTC)

> If it's not an option then you lose.  No, OpenAFS does not work with 2.5
> either.

I see. But I suppose that this will change at some point. I am sure
that the OpenAFS developers are not going to stick with 2.4 when the
rest of mankind moves to 2.6

> > I would hate to have to discard OpenAFS because if this :-(
>
> Well, it's either AFS or the preemption patch.  You can choose...

That's a bit harsh, isn't it? I'd say that the right choice is the
third choice: fix it. Has anybody investigated this matter into more
detail? Is Robert Love (preemptible patch maintainer) aware of the
problem? Is the problem with OpenAFS or with the preemptible patch?
How come a patch that does not affect any of the OpenAFS code breaks
OpenAFS? Interesting questions I'd say... And even more because they
will have to be answered for the > 2.4 future.

Maarten