[OpenAFS] distributed_file_system

Marek Jan xjan@informatics.muni.cz
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:23:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
In Administration guide is about distributed file system:

Networked computing environments often use distributed file systems like AFS.
A distributed file system takes advantage of the interconnected nature of
the network by storing files on more than one computer in the network and
making them accessible to all of them. In other words, the responsibility for
file storage and delivery is "distributed" among multiple machines instead of
relying on only one. Despite the distribution of responsibility, a distributed
file system like AFS creates the illusion that there is a single filespace.

I am running two servers+clients with AFS 1.2.9, working fine, but I need following:
Servers:
	linux1.foo.cz
	linux2.foo.cz
	linuxn.foo.cz
on each of this servers is partition /vicepa
and now it is possible mounting all servers to one mountpoint (for example
/afs/foo.cz) ?
I need from rather small partitions on each server make one big point accesible from
all of this servers.
If it is not possible with AFS, write me please idea about what software I must use.
Thank You Marek
PS Soory for my not very good English