[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS] Setting ACL´s in recursive directories.

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:40:13 -0700

Rogelio Bazán Reyes <rogbazan@bsantander.com.mx> writes:

> Do you know how to set permissions recursively on a directory tree?

AFS has no built-in capabilities to do this (unless they were added
recently and I didn't notice).  In the absence of circular directory
structures, you can approximate this with something like:

    find . -type d -print | xargs fs sa -acl <acl> -dir

We have an fsr Perl script we use here at Stanford that does basically the
above with some more safeguards, but right now it has some bugs.  As soon
as I find time to clean those up, I'll stick it up on my software page.