[OpenAFS] backing up afs (linux)

Ron Croonenberg ronc@DEPAUW.EDU
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:01:00 +0000 (CT)

Hello,

I am new to AFS and trying to figure out how to back up an AFS cell.

I have figured out how to make backups manually. problem is though I need to run
butc in a dedicated telnet/ssh session in order to use the backup backup utility
to create an afs dump.

what I want to do is create a script and run it in a crontab so that I don't
have to manually create a backup all the time.

Is there something else that I can use instead of butc, or can butc be executed
when the backup utility needs it ? (or is there something like butc that can run
as a deamon on the afs-server so it is always available ?)

thanks,

Ron

 Ron Croonenberg
 Technology Coordinator