[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on Linux 2.5.x

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
17 Jul 2003 13:12:44 -0400

And now you're talking about a lot of extra storage for, basically, just
AFS...  You now need at least (on x86) 4 bytes for the fs key, and 4 bytes
for the PAG, plus another 4 bytes for the 'next pag' -- assuming you build
a linked list instead of a hash table.  Or you can trade off yet more memory
to create an array, but how do you key into the array?

As I said, I don't recall a "simple" solution ever being presented.

-derek

"Neulinger, Nathan" <nneul@umr.edu> writes:

> I thought that one of the solutions included a filesystem key as part of
> the pag identifier... but maybe not... not sure why you'd really need to
> have different pags for different filesystems, but who knows...
>
> -- Nathan

-derek