[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS and Samba

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
20 Jul 2003 20:05:09 +0000

On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 19:50, Leif Johansson wrote:
> Frank Cameron wrote:
> >I saw a posting to openafs-info in which you said:
> >
> >    If you allow your samba server to have access to the AFS key (hey
> >    it's a fileserver anyway and should be protected as such) you can
> >    use a program (it's actually in the heimdal distro) which lets you
> >    create the users afs ticket in a root preexec statement.
> >
> >I was wondering, what is that utility.
> >
> It is called kimpersonate and (I believe) it is part of the heimdal distro.

If not, then given a keytab for the user you can always do

kauth --cache=FILE:some_unique_file_name --afslog \
    --keytab=/path/to/keytab --lifetime=86400 user

or some such.  (If all you want is the token then you can put this in a
script which does the kauth with a temporary ticket cache and
immediately unlinks the cache, leaving the token in the kernel.)

--
brandon s. allbery   [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]  allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu