[OpenAFS] Gentoo Linux looking for OpenAFS maintainers

Nathan Ward nward@esphion.com
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:39:47 +1200

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:17:43 -0700, Steven Jenkins
<steven.jenkins@ieee.org> wrote:

> http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gwn/20030721-newsletter.xml
>
> There is a working ebuild for 1.2.9 (I'm running it), but it hasn't been
> committed to Gentoo CVS and marked stable.
>
> I don't think I know enough about OpenAFS code to volunteer as a
> maintainer, but I can help out. As I say, it's running already, so major
> surgery isn't required.
>
> Steve

AFAIK it only works on i386 based platforms. I patched it to work on Gentoo
linux for Sparc, but that was 1.2.6 or something ancient.

I'd be happy to help on devel for sparc... when I rebuild that machine.

--
Nathan Ward
Esphion Ltd.