[OpenAFS] New Windows AKLOG...

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:00:16 -0500

Rodney M Dyer wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Thanks to Doug Engert for pointing me in the right direction.  The solution
> path...
>
> *  Added socklen_t typedef to top of aklog_main.c.
>         This allows k5-int.h be included and compile correctly.
> *  Added KRB5_DEPRECATED=1 and KRB5_PRIVATE=1 preprocessor defs.
> *  Changed preprocessor def WIN32 to WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN.
> *  The krb5_get_host_realm function -is- included in the standard K5 libs.
> *  Fixed debug assertion failure caused by krb5_xfree(hrealms) by changing
> to new krb5_free_host_realm(context, hrealms) function.
>
> The new AKLOG.EXE binary works great and is available to anyone who needs
> it.  Just drop me a note.

MIT asked yesterday that people not use 1.3 as it has some compatability issues,
and that a 1.3.1 will be released soon. the beta 1.3.1 is out today. So you might
want to consider holding off on this for a few days.

You might also want to ask them to allow access to the krb5_get_host_realm and
friends, i.e. so they are not marked KRB5_PRIVATE, so that aklog can be treated
as a seperate program, and you would not need to use k5-int.h

--

 Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
 Argonne National Laboratory