[OpenAFS] AFS on NFS?

Michael Loftis mloftis@wgops.com
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 01:15:40 -0600

And while we're on that subject, performance (which is better/worse)?  And
how does one 'ask' for an inode based partition?

As I said in my other message I'm also gearing up to roll AFS out on a
fairly large web cluster, that is only going to grow, and I do not want to
revisit the "aww hell XYZ networked filesystem now sucks" problem that
we're having with NFS and bind mounts (this is what I'm left with from a
previous SysAdmin actually, not my personal choices...I would have been
much more likely to use OpenAFS even back when this thing was started).

Obviously with AFS it's not such a big deal that decisions like that be
made right up front (vos move mmmmmmmm tasty.......sorry daydreaming again
of a manageable system as compared to what I've got today....)

Thanks much again!