[OpenAFS] some simple openafs questions

Faheem Mitha faheem@email.unc.edu
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:37:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Ken Hornstein wrote:

> >> Errr.... that was never said, Rodney.  Jeff said _kaserver_ clients; the
> >> Windows AFS clients aren't kaserver clients, they're krb4 clients.
> >
> >Um. Does this mean a Heimdal server will work with Windows, but a MIT
> >server will not? I definitely want it to work with the Openafs client on
> >Windows, whatever that uses.
>
> Both Heimdal and MIT support V4.  Although I thought in your situation,
> you're using the campus-provided server.

Well, currently I am. But if I set up my own server (which is what my
original message was about) then I want it to work with what we've been
using with the campus server, namely klog (for Linux) and the Openafs
client (for Windows).

I really should take some time to figure out how to set up PAM for
automatic authentication on login. People seem to hate typing `klog'. :-)

                                                     Faheem.