[OpenAFS] some simple openafs questions

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 20:44:02 -0400

At 07:41 PM 7/25/2003 -0400, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

>Yes, it does speak real krb4, which really isn't all that complicated a
>protocol.  It will work with an MIT KDC; we have this running in
>production right now.  I'd suggest checking your KDC logs to see what is
>going on.  It may be the case that additional configuration is required
>before the KDC will response to krb4 requests (note this is independent of
>what ports it listens on).

Ok, I tested "klog" late Friday with our Solaris systems programmer Mike
Mosley.  He handles our AFS cell servers and Kerberos kdc's.  We did a
quick test before we were getting ready to leave, then I mailed you the
message.  I'm not sure why we jumped to conclusions and didn't think to
check the logs.  It just seemed odd that the kdc is listening on 750 yet no