[OpenAFS] some simple openafs questions

Christian Ospelkaus christian@core-coutainville.org
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 09:27:04 +0200

> OK.  There seems to have been a lot of FUD spread in this thread.  Let me
> try to clear things up just a little...

Hm. So I completely messed up the K4 compatibility things. Maybe this is
related to the fact that I somehow didn't get the Windows klog (which speeks
K4, not ka - I knew that) to grab tokens from an MIT KDC, although I didn't
try very hard. I apologize for the confusion.

So with an MIT KDC, you can set up krb524d to do talk to V4 clients? From
previous discussions, my impression was that its purpose is merely to do some
magic to a K5 ticket, so that an AFS token can be created...

Anyway, your posting is very helpful. Can you put it on the wiki (without the
typo :-) ) or could I do that? Best regards,

Christian