Re[2]: [OpenAFS] .....exceeds the size limit

Kevin Coffman kwc@citi.umich.edu
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:27:30 -0400

You can restore the data from the dump file to any volume name you'd =
like.
(keeping in mind the length restrictions ;-)  Remember that the volume
'homestaff.user.backup' is simply a readonly snapshot copy of
'homestaff.user' created at some instant in time.  What you are doing =
with a
restore is creating a new RW volume with the saved data from that backup
volume.

If the original RW volume still exists and you just want to recover some
lost or accidentally deleted data, restore the data to volume
'temp.user.restore' and mount that volume somewhere.  You can now copy
things out of the restored volume into the original 'homestaff.user' =
volume.
After the lost data has been recovered, unmount 'temp.user.restore' and
delete it.

HTH,
K.C.