[OpenAFS] Disk Based Or Memory Based Cache

Lan Zhang chz@mercury.cs.wayne.edu
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:57:04 -0400 (EDT)

> These are rather large apps.  The memory cache uses non-pageable ram,
> so if you want a reasonable size memory cache you'll need an extremely
> large amount of ram.  For example, I run with a 3GB disk cache on my
> laptop; there is no way I could have a 3GB memory cache...  Even though
> I've got 1GB RAM I'd be hard pressed to run with a 250MB Memory Cache.
>
> -derek

 Hi, Derek,

How do you configure the other parameters for the 3GB disk cache? For
example, the stat, dache, daemons, volumes, chunksize? We used have a
script to caculate the size of the cache, and then determine all the other
parameters. I am not sure if the disk based cache of the openafs works the
same way as the transarc one.
Is there any kind of automation people recommdend?

Lot of thanks.

Zhang Lan