[OpenAFS] unable to access AFs shares under windows

Jerome Walter walter+openafs@efrei.fr
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:07:38 +0200

Hi,

I installed AFSforwindows on a Windows 2000 with trusted realm and am able to
get tokens thanks to a krb524d running on the KDC. Here, no problem.

But when i try to browse the shares, i get the following errors :

"Z:\  is not accessible.
The remote server has been paused or is in the process of being started."

The server is not being paused nor started since i can access the shares under
Linux and Solaris.

When using ethereal to see the communication on the wires, i get the following
:

Client -> Server  | AFS (RX) VLDB Request: get-entry-by-name (504) -> root.afs
Server -> Client  | RX       ABORT Seq: 0 Call: 0
These, 5 times
Next, i get
Client -> Server  | RX       ACK Seq: 0 Call:5
Server -> Client  | RX       ABORT

Ending by :
Client -> Server  | AFS (RX) VLDB Request: probe (514)
Server -> Client  | AFS (RX) VLDB Reply: probe (514)
Client -> Server  | RX       ACK Seq:0 Call:72

I do not understand that well whats going on.

Here comes what is in the get-entr-by-name packet, in case it helps.

- RX Protocol
	Epoch: Not representable
	CID: 3843006980
	Call number: 5
	Sequence Number: 1
	Serial: 26
	Type: data(1)
	Flags: 0x07
	User status: 0
	Security Index: 2
	Spare/Checksum: 52453
	Service Id: 52
- AFS
	Service: Volume Location Database Server Request
	Opertaion: get-entry-by-name (504)
		Volume: root.afs

TIA for any help you could bring me.

Jerome

--
-+--   Jérôme Walter - 	I2 EFREI		          ----+-
 Equipe Système - Efrei Robotique - Jap'Efrei - Erasmus Tutors