[OpenAFS] connection timeout errors

Elliot Peele ebpeele2@pams.ncsu.edu
04 Jun 2003 20:33:51 -0400

--=-xym7oPb1e++IHPQdnMLo

I haven't tried sniffing the trafic to see what exactly is happening
yet. If I can get the connection timeouts to reproduce them selves, I'll
try it tomorrow.

I've noticed that if I reboot the firewall and delete the afs cache on
the client machine the problem goes away, but this is not viable option.

Elliot

On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 18:08, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hmm, then I dont know what to suggest to you...  AFS behind a NAT is
> just... weird.  It usually works, but it can get into strange states
> sometimes.  There were a few bugs in the fileserver where it would
> try to callback to the wrong address and fail to get a WhoAreYou
> response.
>=20
> Have you tried running a network sniffer on both sides of the NAT
> box to see what's going on with the failed connections?
>=20
> -derek
>=20
> Elliot Peele <ebpeele2@pams.ncsu.edu> writes:
>=20
> > These are desktop that are 100% of the time behind the NAT.
> >=20
> > Elliot
> >=20
> > On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 17:30, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > > Are these users on laptops or are they _ALWAYS_, 100% behind the NAT?
> > >=20
> > > -derek
> > >=20
> > > Elliot Peele <ebpeele2@pams.ncsu.edu> writes: