[OpenAFS] fs setcrypt?

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 23:26:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Harald Pobloth wrote:

> after all the talking about encryption ... How do I permanently activate
> encryption using windowsXP and OpenAFS 1.2.8a client
> Simply typing "fs setcrypt on" only sets encryption until AFS restarts
> then it is turned off again.

There's no built-in way to do it automatically.  I can think of several
Windows hacks to get it done, but none of them very good.  The problem is
that only administrators can run it.  You might try creating a windows
service (with a dependency on the AFS service) that automatically runs it.

> Do the AFS servers need special
> configuration for encryption to work?

Nope.

[ t. charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]