[OpenAFS] MIT -> Heimdal

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 23:33:12 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Christian Ospelkaus wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to change my test installation from a MIT kdc to a heimdal kdc.
> This is only a test installation, so recreating all the user principals is
> not a problem. However, for the afs key, can I just follow
>
> http://grand.central.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/KerberosAFSInstall#HeimdalKTH
>
> to create a new key and install it on the fileservers as described? Will the
> fileservers work with the new key? As I understand it, this should not affect
> data stored on the fileservers... Thanks for your help,

It will not affect any of your data.  For that matter, it won't even
affect your existing accounts (you could theoretically have both MIT and
Heimdal running simultaneously).  You're *adding* a new key, not
*overwriting* the existing key in this process.

[ t. charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]