[OpenAFS] Backup via Veritas Backup Exec or IBM Tivoli

Frode Nilsen fronils@chello.no
04 Jun 2003 22:45:50 +0200

Hi,

I'm working on a student-project at my school,to set up a new linux
system at the students computer-labs. And OpenAFS is a big part of it.
AFS is going to replace an existing Samba/NFS combination of
distributing home directories, that is at the moment in use. We are
testing out AFS on a few computers, and so far we are very pleased.

The backup-system that the school is using is Veritas Backup Exec (a
backup solution for Windows). But we have the option of using IBM Tivoli
if needed. Thus we wonder: is there an easy solution to getting backup
of the AFS system/volumes, when using one of these systems?

(If not, we can as a last resort use a scsi-tapestreamer of some sort.)

Thanks,
--
Frode Nilsen <fronils@chello.no>