[OpenAFS] Kerberos 5, AFS, and no krb524d

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 14:56:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Nicholas Henke wrote:

> Hey folks~~
> 	I have been struggling with setting up openAFS under our existing MIT
> Kerberos V setup here at Penn. The KDC here does not support v4 tickets,
> so there is no krb524 running. Is there an aklog that does not need to
> talk to a krb524d, or is there another way to setup AFS with out the
> '524' translator ?

Why can't you run a krb524d just for AFS, that doesn't support v4 tickets
but does afs rxkad 2b?

> I have tried running a krb524d locally here, using a keytab filled with
> 'ktadd ...', but it just does not seem to work.

did ktadd change the key? (i don't remember)

even if not, how did you tell your clients where to look for krb524d?