1.2.9 unstable ? (was [OpenAFS] inaccessibble volume - please help)

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
07 Jun 2003 10:01:42 -0400

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:

> On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
> > Be careful which kernel you're testing on...  I would recommend
> > you test against a variety of problem.  About this time last year
> > I was working with Gerry on this exact same issue and noticed that
> > the signal behavior was different on a few different Linux kernels.
> > Finding something that works on ALL of them was problematic (and clearly
> > we didn't get all the corner cases handled).
>
> Effectively we added flush_signals() in a case where we don't care about
> any pending signals we had. Suggest a way this might be harmful?

I can't imagine a way (offhand) that this might be harmful, however
that doesn't mean that some kernels are just sufficiently different
to not fix the problem.   YMMV.  I'm just suggesting caution.

-derek