[OpenAFS] Kerberos 5, AFS, and no krb524d

Nicholas Henke henken@seas.upenn.edu
09 Jun 2003 13:55:13 -0400

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 11:59, Douglas E. Engert wrote:
> I think you are asking if the ak5log I have can run with the standard
> Kerberos krb524 lib and krb524d.

Sorry for the confusion -- yes that is what I was asking.
I have gotten ak5log to compile and run -- and it appears to be
succeeding.

The problem I now have is that AFS refuses to see me as the username
That I kinit/ak5log'd as. How does one ask afs what permissions or
membership it sees you as having ?

I am assuming that afs/ak5log needs afsadmin/roughneck.liniac.upenn.edu
as the real k5 username and will translate it into
afsadmin.roughneck.liniac.upenn.edu -- at least the latter is what I
needed to add to bos/pts to get ak5log/aklog to succeed in resolving the
former to an AFS ID.

Nic
--
Nicholas Henke
Penguin Herder & Linux Cluster System Programmer