[OpenAFS] Kerberos 5, AFS, and no krb524d

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
09 Jun 2003 16:45:07 -0400

Nicholas Henke <henken@seas.upenn.edu> writes:

> On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 16:29, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > That all looks fine.. And you restarted all your AFS server processes?
> > I dont think you need to have the Realms file in place before running
> > asetkey.
>
> Yes -- stopped afs, removed the module, and started again.

You stopped the servers, too?

> There was no Realms file there prior to me creating it.
> FYI here is the asetkey commands I have been using:

Had you restarted the afs server processes after creating the Realms
file?

> [root@roughneck etc]# asetkey add 4 /etc/krb5.keytab
> afs/roughneck.liniac.upenn.edu
> [root@roughneck etc]# asetkey list
> kvno    4: key is: c2a4572ccd4fcb37
> All done.
> [root@roughneck etc]# klist -k
> Keytab name: FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab
> KVNO Principal
> ----
>    4 afs/roughneck.liniac.upenn.edu@UPENN.EDU
>
> Is there any other information I can provide ?

Not that i can think of..  It all looks like it should work.  The only
other thing I can think of is: What do you have in
/usr/vice/etc/ThisCell?

> Nic

-derek