[OpenAFS] account support in pam_afs.so?

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:11:06 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 11 Jun 2003, Karl Bowden wrote:

> I do not want to resort to merging all afs users into each machines
> /etc/passwd file, as that has the potential to get messy real quick, and
> is not a very clean solution in regards to what pam was designed for. So
> is it possible to use pam_afs.so to retrive account information from kas
> or some other place to store the information?

*NIX uses NSS for account information, not PAM.  Hence, no PAM module
could solve your problem.  Perhaps what you need is to write an NSS (name
service switch) module to suit your needs.

[ t. charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]