[OpenAFS] Newbie: afsd configuration.

Stavros p stabat7@hotmail.com
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 23:04:03 +0300

Hello all at first,I decide to use openafs a few weeks ago.
After compiling the code,and following the instructions of documentation of
afs,I had a problem on
installing the first afs machine.After starting the bos server ,who starts
normally kaserver,buserver,
ptserver,volserver,vlserver and fileserver,when I tried to start afds
process ,whereas it seems start
normally,when i try to access /afs partition (there mounted /vicepa
partition) I see the following error:
/afs: Operation timed out ,so I cannot access it,cannot create cells or
whatever I want,and I cannot
unmount it . If I try to stop afsd process with afsd -shutdown or kill [afsd
pid] the machine
not responsible anymore ,and it neads restart.

I Think that the problem is in ThisCell and CellServDB files that is used by
fileserver and afsd.
But,because this is the first server,I think that these files must be the
same,so both
ThisCell have the domain of the pcs and CellServDB have  :
>domain   #cell name
[ip of server]  #hostname of server.

Any ideas?